Saturday, September 12, 2009

Labor Day Weekend 2009 - Part 3

Saturday was a lazy day - for me anyway :) We got up around 8ish and headed to downtown Baltimore. Matt unfortunately had to work 9-12 so we ate breakfast downtown at the Panera before he headed into work. I took the car back to the house; one thing I did learn is that parking in downtown Baltimore is a huge nightmare! Worse than trying to find parking at under the main building at USAA after the day starts if you can imagine that (for those of you who've experienced the lack of parking after 8:15 am)! So I managed to find my way back to his place with the help of his GPS - who yelled at me several times because she had to recalculate her route. I had hoped for a round of applause from her when I finally did reach the house. Alas, there was none. Anyway, I wasted away the four hours doing various things: showering and getting all girlified, chatting with friends, checking facebook, etc. Around 11:30ish I headed out to go pick him up. Getting downtown proved to be much easier - I still had to use the GPS, but she didn't yell at me. I gave myself extra time thinking I'd get lost, but between the GPS and my lead foot, I arrived early and circled around the various streets of downtown for a few minutes till he called to let me know he was waiting. I should point out that the speed limit ranges from 55-65, so for the speed demon in me who has a hard time going only 70 on a Texas highway, you can imagine how difficult it was to maintain the proper speed while behind the wheel.



Anyway, we went to Subway for lunch to take a break from the fried foods of the nightlife and then drove to Matt's campus, CCBC (Community College of Baltimore County) to eat outside. Again - outside in September in mid-day! More weekends like this and my pasty white skin might get some pigmentation and NOT glow under a black light!

Oh, and I found the sign to the left utterly amusing :) This is on the CCBC campus near a steep incline - which apparently lends itself vulnerable to college-age stupidity during the winter :) But being from Texas, it's just not something one sees every day!


We drove to Alexandria, VA Saturday night for Samantha's birthday dinner. She and a group of her friends had been wine tasting all day - with the finale being dinner in Alexandria and hanging out at her place afterward. We met them at Sam's place to carpool to dinner at Taqueria Poblano (http://www.taqueriapoblano.com/). Yes, I ate Mexican food in Virginia. Their salsa was really good! I was impressed being so far from 'the border'. I ate so many chips & salsa that all I ordered for dinner was a taco - which was pretty good, too. I enjoyed the company a lot - many, many new faces that I don't think I'll remember all their names, but lots of good company. Overall, it was a very relaxing evening. I think we left Sam's about 12:30 am and drove home. And then crashed with the intention of sleeping well into the morning on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    macy's labor day mattress sale

    ReplyDelete