Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Summer Ends with Student Teaching

Well, it looks like employment for Fall 2009 is a no-go. I will be student teaching at Highland Park Elementary here in Nederland. This is the elementary I attended as a child and will be under the instruction of my former second grade teacher, who is now the resource teacher there. God works in mysterious ways, doesn't he? I was inspired to teaching for the first time in Mrs. Fleming's class when she allowed me to teach a reading lesson. When I graduated high school, she placed a writing assignment in with my diploma that I'd entitled "Why I Want to be a Teacher." Guess she knew what it took me a while to figure out :) Anyway, despite the absence of a paycheck and insurance, this is sure to be an exciting fall. And once I'm done student teaching, I will be done with the ACE program completely and officially certified. At least I will be looking for a teaching job with a certification in my portfolio instead of just a letter of approval for certification. Hopefully that will help in the search for employment! If not, I can get a job doing something else without the worry of finishing my certification sitting heavily on my shoulder.

I'll start my student teaching on September 8, the Tuesday after Labor Day and after I return from Baltimore. Looks like the trip to Baltimore was perfectly timed :) God is so good to me! Even when I don't understand what He's putting me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment