Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Blessings

I love God-breathed deja-vu moments. This weekend He reminded me of the many blessings I have in my friends and prayer warriors. I love events, like Becky & Josh's and Laurie & Justin's weddings from the past few weekends, which bring together so many of the faces of comfort and familiarity that I see in my 'family' in San Antonio. With so little time spent focusing on those relationships like I want now that I'm away, those events which put everyone together give me so much joy that I can hardly stand it. Being able to talk with so many of the people I love in just a few days was such a blessing from Him.

I also see relationships I have growing. It's strange that I just now feel that I'm moving into adulthood with truly emotionally intimate relationships growing exponentially with those special friends God has blessed me with. What a refreshing feeling it is to know trust - not only to be able to trust those around me with my intimate thoughts and prayers, but to have them trust me in many aspects of their lives as well. So much of this year has been self-discovery in a more intimate relationship with God than I could ever imagine, and one of the realizations I had was a fear of trusting most of the people I love. He's show me how and released me of that fear...and what a release it is! And to be trusted is one of my heart's desires, given to me by Him - what an honor it to have been explicitly and verbally told MULTIPLE times this weekend by my girlfriends how much they trust me and my heart.

I continue to pray for patience during the job search and anxiously await this next step in my freedom. Thanks to all of you praying for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment