Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ah...Memories

I can't help but get teary-eyed looking through some of these old videos. At least at my first few birthdays, grandparents and great-grandparents were all present - and though very much spoiled - judging by my very limited attention span, I couldn't have cared less how many presents were there as long as I had every one's attention while I was "entertaining" them by being my adorable, albeit bratty self.

One video brings to mind recent conversations my mom and I have had about my present and future. Though many conversations remain private (though some of you who are close to me have had the same conversations with me and will probably know which ones I'm referring to), I look back and realize without a doubt God does have a plan for me. And I thank my mother for hauling me to church and instilling His values in me at a very young age.


Somewhere between 12-18 months, I sing "Jesus Loves Me" and confirm "That's right!!!" on cue whenever asked. At one point, I say "I know Jesus Loves Me!!!" Mom's repeatedly told me she's known things about God's plan for me long before I did and has watched them confirmed. And many haven't happened yet, but she knows they will simply by trusting Him and having watched parts of His plan already laid out. It's just humbling and amazing to see pieces put together like this while I'm completely clueless and oblivious at times! Probably most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment