Thursday, October 11, 2012

...You can take a dog for a walk...

"This is my after-walk happy face."

...but you can't tell her how far to go!!!  Jaz is doing super, but she definitely wants to determine the pace and distance of our outings!  When we first get going she'll run with me for a while, and she looks like a blur next to me...today, however, we rounded the corner that leads back to the apartment, and she proceeded to sit down in the street and look at me like she was saying, "This is as far as I go."  I had to pick her up to get her out of the road!!  We usually go about a mile and a half.  And she has a 'boyfriend' we see every night - Rowdy, a Wheaten terrier who looks like a teddy bear and is so soft I just want to snuggle with him.  He's only 9 months old - so apparently she likes younger men ;)  (No comments from the peanut gallery, please - you know who you are!)  We get to make lots of new friends and always get compliments on how sweet and cute she is...but who can resist that face!?!  And it's hard to miss the dog with the flashing LED light on her collar in the dog...which is the point of having it in the first place!  We're going to try out the dog park in Nassau Bay and on Bay Area soon.

...I'm spent...
Financial Peace University is going well...I am learning that I spend way too much money on food.  So I'm hoping my budget will force me to eat less and slim down - I think I'll call it the Dave Ramsey diet :)  But if I stick to it, I will have the first of my student loans paid off in about 8 months.  Which I'm technically supposed to do before I attempt to buy a house...again...  It's such a tough choice.  Maybe I'll just find the Boardwalk Monopoly piece at lunch tomorrow and win $1 million so I don't have to worry about it...there goes that whole spending too much money on food again...

No comments:

Post a Comment